cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking Diagram for 9200L

ljenkins
Level 1
Level 1

We have, in the past used a diagram below to stack our 2960xs. I am in the process of replacing those with 9200Ls. In the below referenced link, one of the links says that all you have to do is close the ring. Is that also the case here?

From: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/stack-7-2960x-switch-with-50-cm-cable/td-p/2807158

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can connect as your OP diagram has. Also, yes, you only need to close the ring, how that's done doesn't much impact operation, it's often more of an issue what stacking cables you have and how far they reach.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thank you for the quick reply. What I was going for was can I use the same diagram i had in my original post for these? I had viewed this document prior to posting and while it does have a diagram of how to stack, sometimes there are other ways. In my case, it will necessitate a longer stack cable, which these did not come with, to go from Member 1, Port 2 to Member 6, Port 1.

Yes you can connect as your OP diagram has. Also, yes, you only need to close the ring, how that's done doesn't much impact operation, it's often more of an issue what stacking cables you have and how far they reach.

Thank you. I'll give it a run and let you know if all goes well.

Hi,

I am sure there are other ways you can connect these switches together but not sure if they are approved or supported by Cisco in case of any issues and when you need to contact TAC. There are longer cables you can purchase. 

see table-5 for longer cables.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

HTH

Hello
sw1 port 2 -  sw2  port1 
sw2 port 2 -  sw3 -port1
sw3 port 2 -  sw4 -port1
sw4 port 2 -  sw5 -port1
sw5 port 2 -  sw6 -port1
sw6 port 2 -  sw1 -port1

Also make stack master/backup sw2-3-4-5 ( if sw1 and sw6 is where your uplinks reside)

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card