StackWise Virtual Support in Core,Distribution & Access

Learnercisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Teckguys,

Core: CAT9400

Distribution:CAT9400

Access: CAT9300

I have question about Stackwise Virtual Support in Core,Distribution and Access. I have CAT 9400 in Core & distribution, CAT 9300 in access switches, I want to implement Stackvise virtual between Core & Distribution, and between Distribution and Access Switches. I want to confirm this design. please give me your valueable suggestions. i have attached my topology

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Core: CAT9400  <<-- here i suggest to go with CAT 9500 or Cat 9600

Distribution:CAT9400  - If not big campus, suggest Collapsed Core here, so you can save cost.

Access: CAT9300  - If do not all L3 features, Cost saving Cat 9200 here (if only L2)  - personally i go with 9300 for better control 

hers is cisco valid design :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/CVD-Campus-LAN-WLAN-Design-Guide-2018JAN.pdf

Stackwise Virttual you can deploy on CORE and Distribution.

Access layer always suggest to have Stacking.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Stackwise Virtual Support is Cisco technology that let us merge 2 physical switches into 1 logical unit

found link about it from cisco pages about cat 9400.
see more https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nb-06-cat9k-ebook-cte-en.pdf

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Core: CAT9400  <<-- here i suggest to go with CAT 9500 or Cat 9600

Distribution:CAT9400  - If not big campus, suggest Collapsed Core here, so you can save cost.

Access: CAT9300  - If do not all L3 features, Cost saving Cat 9200 here (if only L2)  - personally i go with 9300 for better control 

hers is cisco valid design :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/CVD-Campus-LAN-WLAN-Design-Guide-2018JAN.pdf

Stackwise Virttual you can deploy on CORE and Distribution.

Access layer always suggest to have Stacking.

BB

Thanks BB for reply,

I would like to confim the deisgn model for Enterprise edge in Enterprise Campus design with IP Telephony System.what will be the Typical Location of Firewall if we have edge ASR 1K routers in the Enteprise. Firewall will be on upstream or ASR 1000 will be on upstream towards the WAN?. ASR 1k has WAN Aggregation Licence including CUBE license. I would ask about the Typical Enterprise edge design in this conext. Firewall and ASR1K in redundant mode(1+1). 

I would seperate both of them in different due to secure point of view. WAN router act as WAN Router with other stuff.

Cube will be located inside FW, so you have Security in place.

in case some organisation want to save cost. you can create DMZ with different VLAN Segmenation to achieve this, again this suggestion based on your input.

if you want to valid one. contact local SE or partner, they can suggest based on your LLD>

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card