Views
Helpful
Replies

Stand Alone Configuration

vannhodges
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to stand up a new stand alone network using three layer 3 3850's.  The back side of these switches will have several layer two switches to provide access connectivity.  I have created the vlans on the layer 3 switches and can communicate independently to the layer 2 switches that are directly connected to them, the problem is having the communication traverse the link between the two layer three devices.  Attached is a rough layout with base configs.  I am not able to get between the two "hub" layer 3 switches.  What do I need to add in order to pass vlan traffic across?

8 Replies 8

Hello,

configs and layout are not attached ?

Sorry I guess when it posted it stripped it off

Hello,

post the running configurations (sh run) of both layer 3 switches, and indicate which interfaces are used to connect them.

They are currently on a stand alone network which means I cant bring the configs over to this network.

Hello,

not sure what you mean by that. You have no access and cannot post the configurations ?

Cant transfer configs from one network to another based on policy.  Technically I could but cannot since external devices are not allowed on network.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Config for the Layer 3 siwtch on top either typo issue or real config not sure.

they need to be same subnet to communicate each other.

10.1.1.1/32

10.1.1.2/32

or

10.1.2.1/32

10.1.2.2/32

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

what you are showing is a lan routed access design

Each access switch will have a routed port or svi of its designated vlan connected to the L3 switch running an igp such as ospf or a static route pointing towards it.

These subnets will be advertised in the igp (ospf) between the two L3 switches 

So can you confirm this is what you have presently?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card