Views
Helpful
Replies

Stoping DHCP service on switch port

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 4006 switches in my network. I have configured DHCP on that switch. Now my problem is few of the printers which are in this DHCP vlan are getting DHCP address. even if the printer is set in  ip address, it is again getting DHCP address. So please let me know how to stop the DHCP service on that printer connected port. If there is no command to stop, please suggest me any other solution.

Satya.M

Hyundai

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I know of to disable DHCP on a specific port would be to use an access list to filter it. Something like the following:

ip access-list extended DHCP_FILTER

10 deny udp any eq bootpc any eq bootps

20 permit ip any any

interface [Printer Interface]

ip access-group DHCP_FILTER in

This will prevent the initial DHCP discover message from the client, but allow all other traffic.

Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

The only way I know of to disable DHCP on a specific port would be to use an access list to filter it. Something like the following:

ip access-list extended DHCP_FILTER

10 deny udp any eq bootpc any eq bootps

20 permit ip any any

interface [Printer Interface]

ip access-group DHCP_FILTER in

This will prevent the initial DHCP discover message from the client, but allow all other traffic.

Jason

Thanks Jason.....it works......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card