cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup 7L IOS XE Misclassifying Devices

kknuckles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4507R-E Switch with dual Sup 7L consoles that was recently updated to IOS XE 3.9.2E. After the upgrade and reloading the switch, the unit is misclassifying devices and the wrong macro runs. For example, we have a Cisco Phone plugged in on port 5/10. It detects it as a Lightweight AP and runs the LAP macro. 

If I configure that port directly as a phone port and exclude it from macro processing, QoS will tell me that a phone is detected/not detected when we unplug and re-plug the device in. 

Any ideas on why it would mis-classify the devices and any thoughts on resolution? I can roll-back to previous IOS version no problem, just thought I would ask about this before I made that decision. 

Thanks,

Kevin

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That sounds like a bug especially the fact it was working before the upgrade , there maybe something in the release notes  , personally I would roll back too but first I would collect the show tech and open it with TAC so they can identify the bug at least then when theres a fix you can move back up to the version if you need too

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card