cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP Redundancy - mode sso

opers13
Level 1
Level 1

Our hot standby SUP crapped out last night and we already got a replacement from Cisco.

Now, after I insert the replacement hot standby, what excatly should I do?

Looks like I will have to copy the IOS from the Active SUP to hot standby SUP.

How about configuration? If I type "sh run module 8"  I see the config for the uplink interface only.

Does it mean the Active SUP actually handles the running and startup configs between SUPs??

thanks

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

opers13 wrote:

Our hot standby SUP crapped out last night and we already got a replacement from Cisco.

Now, after I insert the replacement hot standby, what excatly should I do?

Looks like I will have to copy the IOS from the Active SUP to hot standby SUP.

How about configuration? If I type "sh run module 8"  I see the config for the uplink interface only.

Does it mean the Active SUP actually handles the running and startup configs between SUPs??

thanks

Hi,

In order for SSO to work you have to have the same exact software on both Sups.

Configuration information and data structures are synchronized from the active to the redundant supervisor engine at startup and whenever changes to the active supervisor engine configuration occur. Following an initial synchronization between the two supervisor engines, SSO maintains state information between them, including forwarding information.

Have a look at config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/nsfsso.html#wp1097378

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card