Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Allwhenever the switch is powered on all of the 48 ports LEDs turn steady green and nothing appears on the terminal connected to console port. Then nothing happens and the switch remains in this state.Any hope to return the switch back to normal?

Hi,Has someone experienced loss of traffic on Layer-2 b/w SUN Solaris 8 Servers. Both the servers are in single Vlan. File transfer is having breaks. There are no errors on switch interfaces. SUN Server NICs are GiG & I have verified on switch & foun...

nedian123 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi seniors,,While studying CCNA, the following question about trunking is in my mind but not clear,,,--> Can we define two interfaces as a trunk ?e.g in a lab there are 3 switches , sw1. sw2. sw3. Only sw1 is in distribution layer while sw2 and sw3 a...

tahir1234 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just set up Ether Channel on a 2950 with 12.1 IOS, but when I go to the other switch (2950 12.0 IOS) I get an error when I try to create the Channel group. I have included available commands to show they are valid. Any ideas?SB>enSB#config tEn...

stevec90 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have been experiencing a steady memory leak on our Cat6000 with Sup1/MSFC running hybrid CatOS/IOS. We suspect the issue is related to using the Sup1A as a VMPS server for the LAN, as the memory leak has worsened as the size of our vmps.cfg file g...

swright by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my last post... I've got another project related to the same VMWare server...I have a situation where I need to set up network access for a new virtual server in a vlan where most of the existing hosts are on t...

Hi all,My 2950t switch has default vlan1 when i created the vlan 2 and did no shutdown i lost  to telnet conenction to   the switch.also i was unable to ping it.But computers plugged into switch were working fine and from other switches i was able to...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working in a lab environment and I have created several vlan intefaces on my 3560 that I want to be protocol "up".  I only have 1 router connected to it for 1 vlan only that is currently protocol up, is there a command that I can use to have all...

Resolved! VTP Domain issues

I am trying to connect a new switch to the VTP domain on our network.  I have trunked ports on both the new switch and the switch its connected to.  Read the VTP documentation about reseting the VTP domain to something else, then back to what the VTP...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card