Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup7/8E & Cat 4500-X Global COS-DSCP/DSCP-COS Map

Hi,

on the Sup7/8E and 4500-X platforms, is there anything akin to global COS-to-DSCP/DSCP-to-COS maps as on the Sup2T or old-school mls qos?

I find documentation on how to configure a table-map and apply this to an interface via policy-map. Does this mean a global dscp-cos/cos-dscp is not possible anymore and I will have to apply an input policy-map on all ports for common global mapping policy?

Best regards,

Tim

5 Replies 5

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

you are right. there is no global mapping in cat4k. you have to apply the table map in interface level service-policy.

Just to be certain - I will have to apply the table map in every class in an input policy to make sure the mapping policy is truly global?

The answer is yes. you can also set the COS/dscp value in every class to a certain value, if you wish to, using "set dscp" or "set cos" commands.

Sup7/4500X qos is MQC based. There is no port trust concept or internal dscp like 6500.
The cos and dscp are independently looked at in sup7, i.e: if you have a policy
matching on dscp and marking dscp, only dscp is marked and cos is untouched.
When there is no policy attached to a port, all the traffic go via default
queue and dscp/cos is untouched. If you require uniformity in cos and dscp
marking, you'd have to mark them independently.

Hi Furose,

thanks for the replies. My idea was, since you do get end-point equipment which can only mark COS or DSCP that the conversion is needed in every class to cover all possiblities such as a port only allowing egress queueing based on COS and/or DSCP (which I could not figure out yet since this is now shown in show int [interface] capabilities on the Cat45).

BR,

Tim

i guess 4500 only provides software based queueing. so, the interface capabilities dont show anything.

it uses standard 1P7Q1T model.

this doc looks interesting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSCampus_40.html#pgfId-1100873

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card