cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported IOS-XE edition on 4500-X for CNA 6.3?

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 4500-X switches running IOS-XE version 3.8.1, and in Cisco Network Assistant 6.3 they don't appear to display correctly.

Yes, I know the host names say '4900.' I fixed that a moment ago, but that made no difference to this display. Also missing is a pair of 10G SFP cables linking the two switches, but I know they're connected and 'show cdp neighbor' displays the connection detail correctly.

Cisco's download assistant tells me the recommended software version is 3.6.5. I can install that instead if needed. By comparison, a stack of 3650s running 3.6.4 appear to display correctly. That didn't work; v3.6.5 of the IOS-XE software gives me the same display.

--

4 Replies 4

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

Ended up opening a ticket with Cisco TAC. So far, no progress, though one suggestion to try CNA 6.2 allowed an older 4507R switch to become visible.

--

I kinda run into the same issue. My 4500X pair are running 3.6.05e and CNA is 6.3.0. Did you receive any further information regarding the issue? Like a bug number?

Gordon Fecyk
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco TAC reproduced the problem; apparently Leonardo's getting a worse result with no ports displaying at all. So we know this is a problem with Cisco Network Assistant.

I can deal with it until CNA gets fixed, since much of the functionality I need on the 4500-X pair needs the command line anyway.

--

Hi,

Did you have here some news?

Still the same on CNA 6.3.1.

Thanks an regards,

Norbert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card