Helpful
Replies

SVL C9600 - Disable link SVL

Joehant@1777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need explain about config SLV on C9600:

1. When SVL group links down, By DAD link, act switch convert to Act Switch-Recoverry mode, Stanby Sw- active. But SVL up why act sw-recoverry mode cannot switch back to the original. 

2. As Cisco document, default SVL is etherchannel, why I unplug 01 SVL link Stanby switch reload ? I config 02 link on 01 switch to group link SVL. 

Thanks and Regrards,

TD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

1. When SVL group links down, By DAD link, act switch convert to Act Switch-Recoverry mode, Stanby Sw- active. But SVL up why act sw-recoverry mode cannot switch back to the original. 

That is by design, so there is never loop on the network.

2. As Cisco document, default SVL is etherchannel, why I unplug 01 SVL link Stanby switch reload ? I config 02 link on 01 switch to group link SVL. 

Unplugging one of the SVL links should not reload the active or the standby switch.

This maybe a bug or a config issue.

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joehant@1777
Level 1
Level 1
Any body help me ?

Hello,

to partially answer your question: I think there is no mechanism to 'preempt' (similar to HSRP) the active SVL switch. The logical reason I can think of for that is that, since both SVL switches are of the same model, software version and license level, a preemptive switchback would only increase the downtime and not have any advantage.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is by design, so there is never loop on the network.

Unplugging one of the SVL links should not reload the active or the standby switch.

This maybe a bug or a config issue.

HTH

Here is config. Pls review help me

stackwise-virtual
domain 2
interface twentyFiveGigE 1/1/0/45
stackwise-virtual link 1
interface twentyFiveGigE 1/2/0/45
stackwise-virtual link 1
interface twentyFiveGigE 2/1/0/45
stackwise-virtual link 1

My version: 

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.11.01
Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.11.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

interface twentyFiveGigE 2/2/0/45
stackwise-virtual link 1

Thanks for supporting, I upgraded to new version 16.12.02 (before 16.11.01). All problem is resloved.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I guess it was bug in the version you were running.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card