Views
Helpful
Replies

Swich selection support needed

navneet-k1
Level 1
Level 1
I need 2 type of switches:

1. Access switch (Qty - 7) - with 48 1Gb RJ45 & atleast 2 10G RJ45 ports, stackable(Group 1 - Need to stack 4 swicthes and Group 2 need to stack 3 switches )
  2. Core Switch (Qty 1)- 16 or 24 port(8 10Gb RJ45 & rest 1G/10G RJ45 ports)
Could you please suggest the switch type accordingly.
14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the budget for this exercise?

budget is not a concern. Could you please suggest me exact switch with details of it that why I need to go for this type only

If budget is not a problem, start with a 9300X because the mGIG capable ports can support 10 Gbps.  For Core, I'd go with 9500X. 

If budget is really not a problem, I'd go with 9600 with Sup2 as a core.

Your concern of budget was right. My management didn't allow me for 9300 series for access switch. Could you please suggest any lower price switch with 48 1Gb RJ45 & atleast 2 10G RJ45 ports

Look for a different manufacturer, like HP or Juniper.  

How about TP_LINK. Is it a good option?

Hi

9300 for access and 9500 for Core. 

Thank you for suggestion. Could you please give me link of these where can i see details?

Hi Reza,

Could you please suggest some lower end model for access switch with 48 1Gb RJ45 & atleast 2 10G RJ45 ports

Cisco 350 series shows end of sale. Could you please suggest which is not end of sale.End of sale means I can't buy it right?

Then I am afraid that  if you want to install cisco you need to go for 9xxxx seires.

Better yet, contact a local cisco resseler.

What is your budget for this? In general, Cisco is not cheap. If you want cheaper products, and if you don't need all the bells and whistles that Cisco switches offer, you can look at some Netgear hubs and switches.

HTH 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card