cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch SG300 Block (DHCP work, but no acces to internet)

mydi88
Level 1
Level 1

I have switch (SG300 28SFP-K9) everything work but it block soudenly everytime (DHCP work, but users cant connect to internet)

1. When i reload the switch and i clear arp and ip dhcp binding everything work well

2. When it doesnt fonction in the endpoint user (i check DHCP it works, i ping 8.8.8.8 it doesnt work, i ping the switch access it works, i ping the backbone switch it works, i ping firewall it doesnt work)

NB : I have more than 300 users and the switch make its self DHCP (Every switch access make its DHCP)

4 Replies 4

If you ping the backbone switch and it works, presuming this switch is your core, I dont know if the problem is in the access switch.  You mentioned a firewall, where does this firewall is placed? between the core (backbone switch) and internet?

If you run a trace route command while the problem is happening, where the packet stops?

I know that by reloading the switch the problem goes away call the attention to the switch but maybe we have anything else there.

Thanks Flavio for your response and your attention.

The architecture is right that :

ISP --> FIREWALL (Works as Router : NAT) --> SWITCH BACKBONE (Switch core : VLANs and switch access in interfaces) --> Switchs Access (ALL switchs works right except this one i mean SG300)

I´ll do traceroute tomorrow for you.

1. When i reload the switch and i clear arp and ip dhcp binding everything work well

Check any new firmware available for SG300 and upgrade and test it.

NB : I have more than 300 users and the switch make its self DHCP (Every switch access make its DHCP)

SG300 is a switch, and designed for small-sized businesses, 

what is the CPU load of the switch? how about ARP table information, what % interface consumed connects to uplink?

Do you see any abnormal logs before you reload

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

@mydi88 wrote:

I have switch (SG300 28SFP-K9) everything work but it block soudenly everytime (DHCP work, but users cant connect to  NB : I have more than 300 users and the switch make its self DHCP (Every switch access make its DHCP)

So Just to confirm only users on this switch are effected correct or do you have this switch connected in such a way all 300 users lose connectivity?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card