cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Stacking

Rsbell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ws-c3750v2-48ps switch I am re-purposing for the time being and when loading it up (not attached to any other switch) it keeps loading thinking that it is part of a switching stack and being designated as Master role. Is this normal for that particular type of switch? I have tried write erase and reload twice and it keeps doing the same thing. Now this will eventually connect to another single switch to eventually make a stack but not sure if this will cause an issue.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It is probably normal because the device is stack-capable by default. If you want to assign to another or a new stack, you can set stack-priorities before making the physical connections, so that >you can decide which one will be the master,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It is probably normal because the device is stack-capable by default. If you want to assign to another or a new stack, you can set stack-priorities before making the physical connections, so that >you can decide which one will be the master,

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know you have tried reset to factory default. can you connect the console cable and post the boot process, once booted can post show running to understand, is this erased correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card