Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What can i do with this situation? G1/0/48 is my trunk port and allowed vlan 1,4,202 and other ports which vlan 1 flapping its my edge ports.

Hi Cisco,   I understand that we cannot purchase Cisco Catalyst 9000 series switch without DNA Network Essential or Advantage subscription. If let say I purchase a Cisco Catalyst 9500 switch today, with 3 years Network Essential subscription. After 3...

Hi I want to upgrade my 4500X-32 which has Supervisor 1 (virtual slot 1) on both Switches and both switches are in VSS mode.   ROM: 15.0(1r)SG11 IOS-XE Version (Current)              3.7.1E IOS-XE Version (Target)                3.8.6E   I want to p...

I am trying to use ACL to block a range of public IP's entering a 2960 switch everything else should not be effected   interface gigabitethernet1/0/1 ip access-group 1 in   access-list 1 deny x.x.x.0 0.0.0.255   why doesn't this work

np121 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I thought I saw this somewhere but can't seem to find it again...If two switches are configured with different vlans but on the same subnet:1) Traffic will pass between the switches untagged2) Layer 3 communication will work because the two vlans sha...

dtom by Level 1
  • 26 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a requirement to do convert UDP or HLS unicast streams to UDP multicast. I understand that this can be done with the Multicast Service Reflection feature. However looking at the feature navigator it seems this feature is only supported on ISR ...

R2#show ip cache flow | b ProtocolProtocol         Total    Flows   Packets Bytes  Packets Active(Sec) Idle(Sec)--------         Flows     /Sec     /Flow  /Pkt     /Sec     /Flow     /FlowTCP-Telnet          12      0.0         1    50      0.0      ...

gongya001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello People, I have a question about the stackwise-virtual configuration. Should i use 2 links for the virtual Link? and should they be in a port channel? or not? The question is because we want to have 2 links for the Virtual link and 1 the dual-ac...

vivarock12 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks,I may be losing the plot but can I simulate unidrectional link failures using fibre to help my CCNP studies? I thought it would be a simple matter of pulling out just the rx on one of my switches but that brings the int down. Is this how it'...

d.hodgson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have reconfigure my Cisco 3825 for ssh after we lost the config sue to a power faliure. I have reconfigure the same way it was configured before and working properly.now, when I try to access the router using Putty ssh, I get to the authenticat...

gmaccisco1 by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How do i renumber a switch ie   when there is an existing switch 3 in the stack?  Do i have to un-provision switch 3 and 4 and reconfigure ? I tried the following below and rebooted but it did not work. conf t switch 4 renumber 3 exit reload

carters by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Team,   I want to do some configuration on Nexus 9K Siwitch Please guide for command . and share pdf file for configuration part Its new brad Switch X 2Qty. How to update firmware. (GUI & CLI it any default IP) Basic IP address configration Config...

sachinc01 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card