Views
Helpful
Replies

Switches Stack

Zaki-93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

Can I stack 9300 switches with 3750 switches? 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@Zaki-93 wrote:

the old switch I have is 3750 and I will add the Cat 9300 so I need to link them together.

is it gonna work if I established layer 2 port-channel between them? 

Yes it is, just make sure the port-channel have the same settings ( ie - trunk, native vlan, link modes (active or on )

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Nope , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The answer is NO., they are different families of switches, One going to fade from the market soon (3750) - Cat 9300 born for the new world.

Instead, you can establish Layer 2 or Layer 3 port-channel between them.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

the old switch I have is 3750 and I will add the Cat 9300 so I need to link them together.

Hello

@Zaki-93 wrote:

Yes it is, just make sure the port-channel have the same settings ( ie - trunk, native vlan, link modes (active or on )

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Instead, you can establish Layer 2 or Layer 3 port-channel between them.

yes, sure this is what I have suggested since you can not stack, so you can establish Layer 2 or Layer3, Hope this helps.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card