cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switching off 6500 and 4500?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

in case of a planned power cut do i need to switch off the 6500 4500 psu manually before the power cut or is it okey to let it shut off anyway when the power cut happens?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes i will advise once power maintenance finished and power them back as wise solution.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perosonally i do not do any Manual intervention for the Power off and on, the device should able to take care of it.

By saying that Do you have Dual PSU and Dual Feed ?

or you saying the Power Cut will shutdown the switches ? (in this case to be safe side i will take to backup of config out of thebox, and do safe shutdown)

its unusal for the these switches should be always UPS backup power and they intent to design like that, not like hubs power off and ON.

So act accordingly to save ( since 6K are end of life and 4500 also - so you wont have contract i guess to replace or RMA).

BB

@baselzind Hi, if you have saved the configuration properly you can let it auto switch after power cut. but its always good to do it manually before planned power cut and plug back after proper power restoration. because some power maintenance tasks may have power fluctuations while maintenance task or restoration time. its better if you can disconnect and reconnect manually before and after power maintenance.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I got an update that the power will not be cut but there might be power fluctuation because we are doing UPS maintenance. problem is the 6500 and 4500 (dual psu) is eol and might be risky if it didn't come up after shutting it down. so not sure whether to risk keeping it up with the chance of a power fluctuation or  Risk shutting it down and it not coming up again properly?

yes i will advise once power maintenance finished and power them back as wise solution.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card