Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching problem with vlan mismatch

Hi i use a Firepower to filter the traffic , so from the wan router is going the traffic to the switch with vlan 10 and then a portchannel with switchport access vlan 10 to the firepower and a second portchannel which send the traffic from Firepower to the switch with vlan 11, in the first switch was an Catalyst i saw in log %CDP-4-NATIVE_VLAN_MISMATCH strange because i have access ports not a trunk but i thougt ok its happen because the firepower is transparent , i configure no cdp enable and i dont see the log anymore and the design working from the beginning. Today i had a meraki switch and there i saw cdp-vlan-mismatch and i can not disable cdp on meraki, any suggestion how will my design will work? 

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you can't disable CDP on the Meraki switch, try making the connections between the firewall and switches trunk and test.

If you plan to make the change, you would need a maintenance window as the link will go down until you configure both sides of the link as a trunk.

HTH

the problem is we dont want to change the design because we have the same or we will have on 20-30 locations and only have meraki, so you think also that the problem is from cdp?

the problem is we dont want to change the design because we have the same or we will have on 20-30 locations and only have meraki, so you think also that the problem is from cdp?

I completely understand you want to keep things consistent and it makes sense. If you don't have any native vlan mismatch anywhere on the switches, then it can be CDP. 

HTH

traffic is going like this from Core switchport access vlan 10 ---> Firepower ports only enable not trunk --> to core switchport access vlan 20 and i am almost sure thats the reason for the vlan mismatch... with a catalyst i just saw the mismatch but is working with meraki not :s 

So, if I understand you correctly, the firepower connects to 2 different core switches and one side is in vlan 10 and the other is in vlan 20?

Or the firepower connects to 2 different ports on the same switch but in different vlans? which one is that?

HTH

i have two firepowers and two switches but take the example 1:1 one Firepower connected with one switch with two port channels, the one is access vlan 10 and the orther 20 , the Firepower is transparent mode and i saw in the switch log msgs mismatch the first interface onn the first port channel  on the switch with the second portchannel interfaces

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card