cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SYST and RPS amber stable on Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series PoE-48

elikharts256
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing an issue with my Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series PoE-48 switch. The SYST and RPS lights are both solid amber, and I'm unable to access the console. This problem began after a power outage. In the past, when this occurred, I would simply unplug the power cable for 10-20 seconds, and the switch would start working again. However, today, this solution has not resolved the issue. This situation is urgent, and I need assistance in finding a fix. Could you please help?

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you talk about urgent I may have to disappoint you , there is a big chance that the switch is fatally damaged now after recovering from two power interruptions. I would try full power cycle (meaning a solid one , and not due to irregularities) and check if anything can be seen on the console. If not and the lights   are the same do the same again but then followed by the factory reset procedure as a measure of last resort. (Some people put their hopes on opening the covers and pressing on chips, I would not depend to much on that)....
                                              If nothing changes , then there is no hope.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card