Helpful
Replies

%TCP-6-BADAUTH: No MD5 digest

edwin.sanjoto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I have this log on my core switch:

976691: Jan  6 14:13:57.666 IND: %TCP-6-BADAUTH: No MD5 digest from 10.201.252.113(179) to 10.201.252.2(42451) (RST)

this core switch (10.201.252.2) has an ospf adjacency with WAN router (10.201.252.113).

The OSPF state is FULL but these log always appear on the core switch.

I don't know what happened in this core switch because everything is fine. There is no problem instead.

But, these log are really really annoying me.

Does anyone know this issue?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

It seems that you are also trying to run the BGP between your router and the 10.201.252.113. Your router is configured for BGP neighbor authentication using a shared password while the 10.201.252.113 is probably missing the corresponding configuration. The authentication in BGP is performed at the TCP level, thus the messages from the TCP subsystem.

To solve this problem, you need to correct the BGP configuration on both routers - either both of them have to use the BGP authentication, or none of them.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

It seems that you are also trying to run the BGP between your router and the 10.201.252.113. Your router is configured for BGP neighbor authentication using a shared password while the 10.201.252.113 is probably missing the corresponding configuration. The authentication in BGP is performed at the TCP level, thus the messages from the TCP subsystem.

To solve this problem, you need to correct the BGP configuration on both routers - either both of them have to use the BGP authentication, or none of them.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter,

thank you so much.

Regards,

Edwin

Thank You Peter it also helped me

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

mhusnain57
Level 1
Level 1

%TCP-6-BADUTH: No MD5 digest

This is becuase of missmatch md5 password.Or under BGP neighbor password is not set.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card