Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Throughput on Cisco Router

Hi,

We have a Cisco Router WS-C2960XR-48FPD-I. Our ADSL speed is 500Mbps but as per our vendor this router Throughput is only 100 Mbps. is there anyway i can verify the throughput of this Model.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is there a DSL modem at the site? 

If there is, what is the speed negotiated between the Cisco switch and the DSL modem?

sricardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

in addition to the other posts, you could also use the command 'show ip traffic', or configure 'ip accounting' (on the interface you want to know the throughput of), and then monitor the source and destination traffic amount with 'show ip accounting'.

Hello,

the WS-C2960XR-48FPD-I is a switch, not a router. What port on the switch do you use to connect your Cisco to the ISP modem (and which modem type/brand/model do you have) ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-C2960XR-48FPD  - is the switch, if you getting less, check the speed it was handshaking with Router. where it connected to DSL

also check client connected is correct speed ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

As the others have said, the 2960 is a switch. Check the port speed to make sure they have negotiated 1Gbps with all devices you use to test.

show int status, will show you this information.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As others have noted, the 2960XR is really a L2 switch (with possibly some very limited L3 routing capability) but it should easy support wirespeed.

As another poster noted, you'll want to insure whatever port is dealing with your ADSL link, it needs to run a gig, not 100 Mbps.  (Physically, there's no 500 Mbps Ethernet port speed.

Also insure your port isn't show any errors or drops.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card