Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I managed to get my hands on an old Catalyst so I'm attempting to use an old UniFi AP for my IOT network, along with a guest network but I can't figure out how to properly configure the switch.I have a PFSense install connected to a ge port on the sw...

ApathiaLol by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I have two Cisco switches and was told to add VLAN 100 for 192.168.70.0/24, then to add VLAN 200 for 192.168.45.0/24. My questions are am i supposed configure trunking to carry the traffic between those two VLANs. Does it matter what interfaces I use...

Zach1234 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, i hope you all are good and i wish you all be safe and healthy. i have around 10 Cisco IR809G routers and all of them having the issue of logging in. when i connect console to them, none of the router shows anything. i tried to reset* them al...

Hi AllI am looking at a Nexus 9300 switch, just to do switchingWith regards to licences do you have to buy the subscription licence and the switch licence, so basically I would need the below? - ACI & NX-OS Subscription Essential package for 1G Nexus...

Hi All,   I am looking for a Document which shows that, "If a switch goes for continuous reload of 5 times within a period of 15mins, automatically AUTOREBOOT will be disabled and switch goes switch: prompt".   I am Using CAT9300 and CAT9300L switche...

sivaragh by Cisco Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I have on one of my project problem with VoIP router Cisco ISR 4331 and Cisco Switch SG 250 interconnection. So ISR 4331 configuration on the port g0/0/0 which is connected with SG 250 is as follow: interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1ip address 1...

I was wondering what would be best practice, or the preferred method to remotely manage a layer 2 switch from a separate network.  I'm a network novice.  I understand basic concepts, but what I lack is the experience.  The network I'm trying to reach...

Hi,My team is questioning that can 9606R having only 2 PSU AC with one psu connected to main ac power source and other psu connected to UPS function normally if the main power supply breaks ie wirh only one psu connected to ups.I am suggesting to ad...

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction over this one – in one form or another it’s quite longstanding and causing me quite a headache. We are having problems with poor video conferencing performance in various parts of the network...

Hello, We need to configure a SIP Explosion Proof telephone (Gaitronics A4 SIP Ex Proof Tel) at site and connect it using the IE 3200 switch.Question,Could you confirm if PoE can be provided as per 802.3af Mode B for this switch?? The switch model is...

Hello,I want to implement a project with 3 L3 switches. The equipment must support full L3 capabilities (especially OSPF) and multicast (PIM, IGMP). Due to budget restrictions, I cannot go with C9300, so I was thinking about C9200L with the Network A...

hi,i've been searching for some "best practice" or recommendations to configure storm control in a cisco switch.we got a lot of sites and don't have the luxury of time to compute/customize these levels in our switching environment for each site.can i...