Troubleshooting Question

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello 

what to do here

Please can you help me regarding this 

Massive degradation in local network throughput

I just tested to copy a 4GB file from the network share to my local hard disk and it just gave me 1MByte/s where I would expect 100MByte/s.
It looks as if only the users in the 1st floor are affected. They are all attached to the switches sw1 ... -sw3. I just checked the link states on the switches and they are all ok except the fiber uplink on -sw1. This link intermittently switches between green and orange.

what i check here...

55 Replies 55

Please mark can you describe more about this. give some examples. 

I don't have examples .but your using a layer 3 command over a layer 2 network so its not going to give a response at ip layer when it doesn't have any ips only uses labels

in that case how we can check , because issue is resolved but when i am checking from my core switch tracroute to that web site currently also not reaching , now how to check that it is working please tell me. 

Most ISPs block traceroute through there mpls domain

Mark , the issue was

It was time sync issue...
5 min. difference between AD server in uk site and other servers

what is the relation between these , i am not getting this solution , do you have any idea...

No idea about AD sync I don't work on AD at all we have a systems team manages that side of IT

Hello Mark, 

when i am running this command 

sh spanning-tree details | in ieee|from|occur|is exec on ios switch i can but if i find any port where it is cat os on switch how to run this command please help me. 

then why ping command is working for same website. 

but why mpls blocks traceroute , it is helpful command to know where we are going then how we check for particular website. 

only PE routers at the edge have ip addresses P routers internally in mpls don't layer 2 only  , 2nd reason is usually security they don't want you mapping there internal networks that are not publicly visible

Hello Mark , 

thank you very much for reply . 

please can you tell me how to do this 

Need to add aggregate route 10.172.84.0/21 on WAN Router and advertise the same towards the MPLS. We can leave /23 route as it is and add new route as aggregate route with /21.

Hello Mark, 

Please check this configuration and reply me please 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

switchport access vlan 90
switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport trunk allowed vlan 90,10
switchport mode access
udld port

how it is possible on access mode..

Its not access , if you do show g0/1 switchport it will state its a trunk port in trunk mode

trunk overrules access when both configured

Here is output.

sh int gigabitEthernet 1/0/1 switchport
Name: Gi1/0/1
Switchport: Enabled
Administrative Mode: static access
Operational Mode: static access
Administrative Trunking Encapsulation: dot1q
Operational Trunking Encapsulation: native

why we need to configure two mode on one port . we can assign only 

switchport mode trunk 

switchport trunk allowed.