Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk port change

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate if some can help me solve this?

I am trying to reorganize the ports on the cisco 3560g switch.

The trunk port for the UC500 is connected to port 3 on the 3560g

I have reconfigure port 1, identical to port 3, but when I swap the cable to port 1, I cannot connect to the UC500, but if I move the cable back to port 3 I am able to connect.

I did a shut no shut, with no success

Attach is the uc config and the 3560g

The trunk port on the uc500 is port 8

Thanks,

Lake

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

if you remove the monitor statement in your config i think it will do better.

monitor session 1 source interface Gi0/22

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/1

This sets the interface Gi0/1 into a state where it will not forward anything to the switch but it mirrors the source interface ie Gi0/22 in this case.

This means the interface will send out traffic that comes to and/or from port Gi0/22 and light up just as it should, but no traffic will pass from the connected device in Gi0/1 to and through the switch.

As an extra tip to avoid this types of errors, when i set up a monitor port and i am not using it iset a broken RJ45 connector without any copper pegs in it to show that this port is not to be used.

Good luck

HTH

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

Dumb question.  How long do you wait before saying it's broken?

The trunk still has to renegotiate.

Also, the spanning-tree link type point-to-point command... I've normally seen that when using RPVST.

Since you're basically using a router on a stick deployment, there's no risk of spanning-tree loops.  You can try using the spanning-tree portfast trunk command on the switch port.  It'll speed up the trunk negoatiation.

Ven

Ven Taylor

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the 3560 change the speed/duplex on the 3560 to auto/auto  instead of hardcoding and see what happens.

Outlawseven
Level 1
Level 1

cant open the attachement, can you paste it on?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Even after waiting 10 to 15 minutes it does not work.

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

if you remove the monitor statement in your config i think it will do better.

monitor session 1 source interface Gi0/22

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi0/1

This sets the interface Gi0/1 into a state where it will not forward anything to the switch but it mirrors the source interface ie Gi0/22 in this case.

This means the interface will send out traffic that comes to and/or from port Gi0/22 and light up just as it should, but no traffic will pass from the connected device in Gi0/1 to and through the switch.

As an extra tip to avoid this types of errors, when i set up a monitor port and i am not using it iset a broken RJ45 connector without any copper pegs in it to show that this port is not to be used.

Good luck

HTH

Hi Hobbe,

I will try that and let you know.

Thanks,

Lake

Hi Hobbe,

That worked like a charm. I appreciate all of your help as well as the other guys.

Thanks,

Lake

Hi

Great !

Thanx for letting me know, and thanx for the rating.

Good catch hobbe.  I didn't see that. 

Ven

Ven Taylor
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card