Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

two vlans over access port...

hi guys,

wondering if someone could advise on issue.... basically i have two vlans on switch voice and data both belong to diff subnet... they have svi configured ... they going to service provider router and port thats going into service provider router is access port for vlan x only.... as both belong to different subnets and router diesnt look at vlan id and access port doesnt put that info into frame would that work or i need to implement private vlans thank in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I think SP has 10.X.X..0/23.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi
as long as the service provider router has route back to both subnets this should work fine

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks mahmood but prob is internal vlan are subnetted and service provider inward route doesnt cover whole range and i still can ping all device in both range....may be its finding route based on longest match

int vlanx

ip add 10.x.x.4 255.255.255.128

int vlan y

ip add 10.x.x.129 255.255.255.128

service proivder route

S 10.x.x.0/25 via gig 0/1   ( service proivder router pointing internally not covering full range should be /24 unless looking for route and choosing one on longest match

Hi

I think SP has 10.X.X..0/23.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: