cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access the Web UI on Cisco CBS220

jmaltese
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed a few CBS220 switches (replacing some older Linksys versions) on our network over the past week.  One of them in particular just started giving me trouble when trying to access the web UI, which had previously been working fine .  Any attempt to access it, regardless of browser or workstation results in an ERR-CONNECTION_REFUSED, with "xxx.xxx.xxx.168 has refused to connect".  The IP address pings fine.

I am able to get into the switch with a console cable and PuTTY, and verify the IP address, mask, and gateway are all correct. VLAN 1 is enabled for management.

I'm not seeing any CLI commands that might be relevant to verifying that web UI management is enabled.  I'm reluctant to experiment or do anything that might cause a reboot on this switch.  Any suggestions what I might be missing, or if there is a CLI command that I may have missed?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It seems that the webserver on the device died for some reason ,  ERR-CONNECTION_REFUSED means that  the web server is not running. Reboot may be the only option.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It seems that the webserver on the device died for some reason ,  ERR-CONNECTION_REFUSED means that  the web server is not running. Reboot may be the only option.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card