cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable Netflow on Cat 4503-E (Sup7-e)

David Besade
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am somewhat new to IOS XE, I am working with a Catalyst 4503-E with a Sup7-E. I'm trying to enable Netflow, and I have read the following guides:

Catalyst 4500 Series Switch SW Configuration Guide, Release IOS ...

I have also enabled Netflow in IOS 12.1/12.2 and figured the process was similar (It seems to be). CEF is enabled, and I have all the pre-reqs according to the document above, however, the flow commands don't exist, they simply say "command unrecognized". Am I missing some configuration step? I have included my sh version below.

sh version (edited):

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.01.01.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 14-Dec-10 21:30 by prod_rel_team

Image text-base: 0x1009E914, data-base: 0x13B71550

ROM: 15.0(1r)SG1

Jawa Revision 7, Snowtrooper Revision 0x0.0x15

uptime is 7 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, 26 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

Running default software

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'

License Level: lanbase   Type: Default. No valid license found.

Next reboot license Level: lanbase

cisco WS-C4503-E (MPC8572) processor (revision 8) with 786516K/16384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID

MPC8572 CPU at 1.5GHz, Supervisor 7

Last reset from PowerUp

12 Virtual Ethernet interfaces

28 Ten Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

511K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

Configuration register is 0x2101

3 Replies 3

David Besade
Level 1
Level 1

Well I think I found what I needed. We are running a LAN-Base License. The netflow commands are only supported on an IP-Base License. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Yup think you have answered your own question .  You will notice it is running a universal image so probably everything is there you just have to buy the license key activation  for the feature you are looking for .   All the ISR's are now doing this  and suspect  the rest  of the cisco line will follow suit in the future , myself I   find it a pain in the you know what !  :-)

I working with ipbase licence but i can't get any information about the application name, if any one have any info please feed me back

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card