cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable Netflow on Cat 4503-E (Sup7-e)

David Besade
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am somewhat new to IOS XE, I am working with a Catalyst 4503-E with a Sup7-E. I'm trying to enable Netflow, and I have read the following guides:

Catalyst 4500 Series Switch SW Configuration Guide, Release IOS ...

I have also enabled Netflow in IOS 12.1/12.2 and figured the process was similar (It seems to be). CEF is enabled, and I have all the pre-reqs according to the document above, however, the flow commands don't exist, they simply say "command unrecognized". Am I missing some configuration step? I have included my sh version below.

sh version (edited):

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.01.01.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 14-Dec-10 21:30 by prod_rel_team

Image text-base: 0x1009E914, data-base: 0x13B71550

ROM: 15.0(1r)SG1

Jawa Revision 7, Snowtrooper Revision 0x0.0x15

uptime is 7 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, 26 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

Running default software

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'

License Level: lanbase   Type: Default. No valid license found.

Next reboot license Level: lanbase

cisco WS-C4503-E (MPC8572) processor (revision 8) with 786516K/16384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID

MPC8572 CPU at 1.5GHz, Supervisor 7

Last reset from PowerUp

12 Virtual Ethernet interfaces

28 Ten Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

511K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

Configuration register is 0x2101

3 Replies 3

David Besade
Level 1
Level 1

Well I think I found what I needed. We are running a LAN-Base License. The netflow commands are only supported on an IP-Base License. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Yup think you have answered your own question .  You will notice it is running a universal image so probably everything is there you just have to buy the license key activation  for the feature you are looking for .   All the ISR's are now doing this  and suspect  the rest  of the cisco line will follow suit in the future , myself I   find it a pain in the you know what !  :-)

I working with ipbase licence but i can't get any information about the application name, if any one have any info please feed me back

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card