Views
Helpful
Replies

UNABLE TO PING TO MGMT IP ADDRESS.

vamsi harish
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I've been facing a unknown problem which is not letting me sleep in the nights.

I'm getting huge packet drops (not continuesly) to the MGMT (VLAN 900) Ip address. The Interface of the VLAN is UP and all other VLANS in that switch are woking fine. When I'm getting RTOs to the switch none of the services are effected. Which means all other VLANs are woking fine. To Check that I've connected my Laptop directly to the switch in different VLAN and tried to PING DC Core switch along with the Switch MGMT Ip address. As a result I've got drops for MGMT IP address but not for DC Core Switch.

I have a doubt weather this IP address is assigned somewhere else. If so how to find it.

Kindly Help me by sharing your views on this. I'm attaching switch show tech. If you want any output i'll share you. Kindly check and revert ASAP.

Regards,

Vamsi Harish.T.

+919985816924.

1 Reply 1

Hello Vamsi

1) Is there any chance to change the mgmt ip address and test again for a duplicate 10.154.1.41 address

sh arp | in 10.154.1.41

sh mac-addresss address xxxx.xxx.xxxx

or

2) have you tried tagging the native vlan which i can see is this vlan 900

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate this post if it has been helpful.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card