Views
Helpful
Replies

Universal vs IP Base-image?

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upgrade a number of 3750X-switches and want to download the IOS-image. But my login only allow me to download the IPBase-image, not the Universal-image. So my question is: What is the difference bwtween these images, is the functionality the same in them?

Best regards,

Thor-Egil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

That's my understanding.

An "advantage" of the IPBase image, it's also should be somewhat physically smaller.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

IPBase image only supports the IPBase feature set - effectively the same as having an IPBase license with a Universal image.

Thanks for you answer! Just to be sure that I understand you right: As long as my license=ipbase (as shown in show version) I can use the IPBase-image?

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

That's my understanding.

An "advantage" of the IPBase image, it's also should be somewhat physically smaller.

Hi Thor,

The way the software ios is packaged is a single image, that being the Universal image, which has all the supported features for the network devices or platforms.

Afterwards you can license the use of the features with either the LAN Base, IP Base or IP Services license.To answer your query yes IP base license with universal will have all feature set of IP base.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Rate if it Helps..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card