Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrating the IOS 4506 switch error.

kamranrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am upgrading the IOS of my 4506 switch. I had connected my lan cable to one interface of switch and one interface to my PC.

Ip to interface is 10.1.1.1

Ip to PC is 10.1.1.2. 

I am able to ping the switch from my pc but not able to ping the pc from my switch. And i can also take the telnet session of the switch. And due to that not able to upgrade the IOS.

Pls help me. I am in a middle of this.

Thanks,

kamran Rafiq.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you don't have windows firewall enabled. That blocks the pings and file transfer.

Regards,

Ian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi kamran,

Hope you have both PC and Switch in smae network, Of course you have but make sure.

Follow the below steps inorder to complete the IOS upgrade in your switch.

Performing a Software Upgrade

The software upgrade procedure supported by supervisor engine redundancy allows you to upgrade the Cisco IOS software image on the supervisor engines without reloading the system.

Step1:
Config#Switch# copy source_device:source_filename 

Step2:
slot0:target_filename
Switch# config terminal
Switch(config)# config-register 0x2
Switch(config)# boot system flash slot0: cat4000-is-mz.121-11b.EW

(Configures the supervisor engines to boot the new image)

Step3:
Switch# copy running-config start-config
(Saves the configurations)

Step4:
Switch# redundancy reload peer

(Reloads the standby supervisor engine and bring it back online (running the new version of the Cisco IOS software).

Note Before reloading the standby supervisor engine, make sure you wait long enough to ensure that all configuration synchronization changes have completed. )

Step5:
Switch# redundancy force-switchover

(Conducts a manual switchover to the standby supervisor engine. The standby supervisor engine becomes the new active supervisor engine running the new Cisco IOS software image. The modules reload and the module software downloads from the new active supervisor engine.

The old active supervisor engine reboots with the new image and becomes the standby supervisor engine.)

Hope this helps you.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Make sure you don't have windows firewall enabled. That blocks the pings and file transfer.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks , its was the firewall problem. Its resolved now.

Thanks a lot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card