cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URL Content Filtering question with 890 Series ISRs

ValleyITPC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am wondering if anybody can confirm whether or not the URL Content Filtering subscription available for these routerts has the abiliuty to be selectively applied only to the users you want.  Or rather, to the computers, perhaps by MAC address.  We're looking to implement a URL whitelisting setup but only for the publick workstations. 

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

plumbis
Level 7
Level 7

It's been a while but I believe that the Content Filtering is done through the MQC (class-map/policy-map style). You could just create a class-map matching the hosts you care about and then put them through the inspect policy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

plumbis
Level 7
Level 7

It's been a while but I believe that the Content Filtering is done through the MQC (class-map/policy-map style). You could just create a class-map matching the hosts you care about and then put them through the inspect policy.

Hi Alfred.  I will bookmark this for further review a little down the road because I'm still waiting on the hardware to ship and that may take a few weeks.  Thank you for the answer though, it gives me some hope for this scenario now I just need to learn how that class map stuff works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card