cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using eem over ssh to make configuration changes

g98759875
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switchA that does not support EEM (2960L) and I plan on using a router or switch that does support EEM

SwitchA needs to send syslog messages to a server but needs to send DHCP messages which only work in debugging mode and stops when restarted

I want to use another switch to monitor SwitchA when it boots up and have it start a debug session by using another switch to remotely log in and activate it

I can log in to the remote switch but it will not accept the commands

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be you can use syslog server to use Python script to Loging to 2960L using SSH and issue the commands (based in the uptime)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I could do that but it would require another group to modify there released software so I would like to use the Cisco switch to remote into the C2960L and modify it to activate DHCP debugging

##- Please your reply above this line -##

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving.

what switch you want to use to loging to Cisco 2960L

if the switch has TCL cabpable you can do certain function which i was suggested (this is my thinking)

until we know source switch model and IOS code we dont have any other suggestions for now.,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card