cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Com Driver - switch or router interface for configuration

dayjom111
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a difficult time and in fact have not found the virtual com driver software that Cisco claims they have and provides instructions on how to install and uninstall - but as is my experince, the link to the page is dead and a search does not turn up anything.

If you have this driver for MAC and PC Win 7 please let me know where to find it. for interface with 3560CX switch. Also, serial connectors on any device these days are not supplied. I suggest there is a better way to interface with routers and switches (yes, yes I know the new software defined networks....)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looking for a software driver to handle USB to serial. Cisco,s driver does not work. It locks up machine or device. Finally got it installed and then it would not work. Maybe it was designed to work with hardware adapter?
Anyway I used one I got from internet and it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you looking for USB adapter driver?

Looking for a software driver to handle USB to serial. Cisco,s driver does not work. It locks up machine or device. Finally got it installed and then it would not work. Maybe it was designed to work with hardware adapter?
Anyway I used one I got from internet and it worked.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card