Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan for Server

It's been proposed that every server be segregated to its own VLAN for security purposes. We have 10+ servers and we're already working on egress and ingress firewalling each server, and I figured that was pretty good. I'm not sure what to think about that. What are your thoughts?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout  https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/article/a-quick-summarized-view-to-private-vlan-pvlan-x

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since I don't have much information, it's difficult to give more advice. But have you configured 10 VLANs on a switch or firewall? Are there also any restrictions between those VLANs?

give us more details.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Vlan configured in Firewall 

Good to know. It is ok and in trinational networking, this is a way to protect services like this too. But good to have a different firewall for Server security, it should not shared with Edge firewall. 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Right it more secure to put each server in different vlan but some feature like Vmotion need l2 and than need to put more than server to same vlan.

You can for this case use fw transparent which can make traffic secure between server in same vlan.

MHM

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card