cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs and Trunking

maryamm
Level 1
Level 1

this is our topology and ip address table , i want to check it is correct or not ,

and do i need to write to Configure the management interface on each switch using the IP address information in the Addressing

5 Replies 5

You can use secondary IP. But, not usual.

I dont see whatever  you atached 

how about know? i update the question 

Hello,

Its not quite clear what you are asking. Are you asking if you need to use both IP addresses in each subnet provided on the chart and on which switches? If that's the case you can do it a a number of ways. And are there addresses for the routers or is that not part of the scenario?

Is this an assignment or something you created or is this a live network? If its an assignment can you post the requirements?

-David

this the assignment , my part is vlan and trunk only ,

i want to check if my ip address table is right or Not

second questions is should i write this code for all vlans on all switch ? 

S1(config)# interface vlan 10

S1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.10.11 255.255.255.0

if i should write it , how should i write because i wrote 2 ip address for each vlan 

OK I think I understand.

It looks like it wants you to put IP addresses on the L3 swithes in HQ and Router on a stick in Fujairah.

The IP address table looks fine as far as subnets.

As far as the L3 switches I thnk you just need one IP address on the L3 switch connected to the routeer. You would jsut need to put all VLANS on both L3 switches so they can communicate (The design doesn’t make too much sense becasue the Access switches all have redundancy but you still have a single-point-of-failure on the L3 switch connected to the router so it that goes down nothing will get out) As far as the config yes you are correct with the following modification:

S1(config)# interface vlan 10

S1(config-if)# ip address 192.168.10.11 255.255.255.0

ip routing (to allow the switch to route between SVIs)

That is just for the HQ side. You will still need to configure the routers for /30 networks (you can do /24 but that wastes address space) and the other side for Router on a Stick as the directions state. This will require a subinterface configuration on the router and usually not need an IP on the L3 switches.

You will also need to configure a routing protocol or static routing betwween routers to make everything connect and ping eachother.

Side note:

The directions state how many hosts are going to be in each subnet such as finance, accounting, etc... I would make sure your subnets  match the PC amount in each instead of making them all /24. That's just how I interpret the instructions.

Hope that helps

-David

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card