Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC consistency

s-durando
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a network architecture with two Nexus 7010 as core switches and two Nexus 5020 as distribution switches (see picture attached).

Everything is working but if I make a mistake and for example I issue the command 'no spanning-tree vlan X' on the primary core switch (even if the VLAN X doesn't exist on the VLAN Database of core and distribution switches), all vPCs go down and in the output of 'show vpc consistency global' command I see:

' vPC type-1 configuration incompatible - STP is enabled or disabled on some or all vlans'.

I know this is normal behaviour but is there a solution to prevent this? Is it possible to disable this particular consistency check related to STP enable/disable on a single VLAN?

Thanks

Stefano

2 Replies 2

Adam Casella
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Stefano,

There is no way to disable this check for a particular vlan, if that VLAN passes across the VPC peer link.  If the vlan you want to make a STP configuration change on does not need to go across any VPC, then prune it off the VPC peer link and member ports, as you would on any trunk.

Just make sure that the vlans you prune are not passing on your VPC memberports,  if this is done (vlan passing on member port but not the VPC peer link), you will cause the vlans to err-disable.

After you have made this change, you will be able to make changes to a vlan not apart of the VPC configuration (passing across the VPC peer link) without issue.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi

Adam,

thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Stefano

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card