cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC on Cisco Nexus 3548 -- "Error: vPC feature is not supported"

michael.whittle
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased two new Nexus 3548 switches. According to documenation the Nexus 3K does support vPC. When trying to enable the feature I get this:

nexus(config)# feature vpc

Error: vPC feature is not supported

nexus(config)#

We are running software version version 5.0(3)A1(1) and it looks like the latest version is 5.0(3)A1(2) so that's not much of a difference.

Am I missing something here?

16 Replies 16

No I haven't contacted Cisco about it.  "feature vpc" can't be enabled on the 3500 series and isn't mentioned in the datasheets.  It seems to be supported on the 3000 and 3100 series only. 

The typo on the product overview page is that they listed VPC support under the 3500 instead of the 3100 section.

According to our partner helpline this is 'currently' unsupported. It is on the roadmap to be supported. They did reveal to me when this is intended to be released however, but that is covered under NDA. . A tweak to the design required for now me thinks where we port channel up rather than mesh and then re cable and vpc as soon as the feature is added. Fingers crossed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card