cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF - License

RRFS578780
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to configure some VRFs on my C3850 switch, but I would like to know if I need a license, and what is the license?

How do I know if I need a license or not? I already searched the internet and found nothing on this topic.

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For VRF, you need "P Services" license. To know if you have the right license or not, you can simply issue "sh version"

HTH

Hi, Reza.

Thank you for your help.

I only have the base IP on the equipment, but I would like to know how I do to know which licenses for each technology.

Hi,

see page 22 in this link for features for each license level.

http://www.networkcraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/datasheet_WS-C3850-48P-L.pdf

HTH

Hi,

Thanks again for replying.

Just one more question, in case I can't use VRF with the IP BASE license?

"LAN Base: Enterprise access Layer 2 switching features

IP Base: Enterprise access Layer 3 switching features

IP Services: Advanced enterprise Layer 3 switching (IPv4 and IPv6) features

The LAN Base feature set offers enhanced intelligent services that include comprehensive Layer 2 features, with up to 255 VLANs. The IP Base feature set provides entry-level enterprise services in addition to all LAN Base features, with 1K VLANs. IP Base also includes the support for wireless controller functionality (mobility agent and mobility controller role; additional access point license required for mobility controller role), routed access, smart operations, FNF, and so on. The IP Services feature set provides full enterprise services that include advanced Layer 3 features such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, PIM, and IPv6 routing such as OSPFv3 and EIGRPv6. All software feature sets support advanced security and MQC-based QoS."

Hi,

Just one more question, in case I can't use VRF with the IP BASE license?

That is correct VRF is an advanced feature and requirs IP Services license.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: