Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We had an issue the other day where a port channel was blocked due to a "SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR". We have a port channel (channel-group 42) configured on this switch with 8 ports. This port channel is configured as a trunk and those 8 ports are tie...

Hi, I seem to be having an issue when adding VLANs to our core 4500-x stack and attached 3850 stack. Whenever I add I see these messages on the 4500's.  In this case we added VLAN112 to the 4500 and then added it to the 3850 %SPANTREE-2-RECV_PVID_ERR...

jbrit1969 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Got this issue spanning tree issues recently that blocks the main link between my Cisco 3750 (stacked) and a HP4204vl. Things were working okay since it was installed and somehow something must have change (unaware) that cause this. My knowledge of s...

utawakevou by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My query to all of you is; If I connect a GLC-SX-MMD on a Cisco 2960x switch at one end and GLC-SX-MMD other end on a Sf300-24pp SMB switch, will the link come up? Are these different types of modules interoperable?

Crypto pki trustpoint tp-self-signed-477455232enrollment selfsignedsubject-name cn=IOS-self-signed-certificate-477455232revocation-check nonersakeypair tp-self-signed-477455232 ! ! crypto pki certificate chain tp-self-signed-477455232 certificate sel...

Hi all Any VLAN not belonging to any MSTI instance will be a member in CISTBPDU packets are send untagged in MSTPWhat is the behavior of MSTP BPDU packets in trunk ? Switch1  - vlan 4 5 9Switch2 -  vlan 4 5 9 MSTI instance 1 vlan 9MSTI instance 0 vla...

itech by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

CPU rev: BImage failed digital signature verificationXmodem file system is available.flash probe successfulcreate ifs bromcreate ifs bs  i have this issue when i want boot the system 

Mahson by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi team,I'm having an issue on 3 of my 4507 switches where there are 12 switches that we have that all are connected to my 7K Core switch all switches are on Transparent Mode and they all have the same VLAN but from one of the switches that I'm havin...

Hi I'm seeing an % Authorization failed error when I try to access my switch via the console port.I want to separate my VTY and console access -vty to use TACACS - this is workingconsole to use local database  I have the following config in place: aa...

Terry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I'm not a network guy so please forgive me if I don't grasp some fundamentals.  Objective: Be able to tag a VLAN based on MAC address on SG300 so certain clients get put onto a specific VLAN (and use VLAN groups).  Also, I want to retain the ...

hi  if i opted to upgrade my 5 switch stack one by by one, what would be the sequence for this.will i be upgrading the master 1st or the slaves. what is the best practice? thank you