cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wap 561

ElsaPereira
Level 1
Level 1

I have an installation of several access point wap561. I had to split the network in 2 clusters because of the amount of access points so I have a cluster in the groundfloor and ote in the basement. Both with the same configurations.

I have created a 5Ghz network first and then I found that this client will bring some equipment that only supports 2.4Ghz so I created a new network for 2.4Ghz.

Now if go around the house i see that the siganl that comes from the access points is only 15 to 20 Mbps and nothing more.

If i test the router and the switch both give me 100Mbps.

Can it be from the clusters? It is the first time i am using it.

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Hello,

with wireless, there can be multiple reasons for slow speeds. First of all, I would check if your WAPs are running the latest firmware, release 1.2.1.7 in your case.

Also, try to configure different channels for the 2.4 and the 5Ghz networks.

Attached a basic configuration guide, check if your settings are similar, or if you might have missed something...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/cisco-small-business-500-series-wireless-access-points/smb4252-configure-wireless-radio-settings-on-the-wap551-or-wap561-ac.html

Hello,

The firmware is the latest and I have checked all .

The only thing i had to do different from  normal is the 2.4 Ghz and the 5 GHz networks have the same SSID and the same passwod.

But even before I done that the speed was week. I was having problems with downloads to equipments (all too slow) before that.

Any idea...

I don't believe the SSID has anythin g to do with it. 

Question: If you can test by taking the 2.4Ghz out (uncluster) and make them separate networks (for test purpose only) does your speed increase? Also, are all the WAPs 561's?? 

Well, it seams a SSID problem.

When i make 2 separate networks, the 2.4G gives speeds of 30~20 Mbps and the 5G gives 90Mbps.

If i put both with the same SSID all decreases to 30~20 Mbps.

Also that happens mostly in apple devices as my computer is always fine (Toshiba with windows 10).

The problem now is that this client has a mix of devices in his house and needs the 2.4G working. In the beginning I had separate SSIDs but he complained and only wants one network.

Any idea?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card