cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web interface has changed following an IOS update,how can I get back ?

Elrick Landon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently updated the IOS of my switch via the web interface.
After flashing the switch, I find myself with a minimalist interface instead of the usual web interface.
Do you know how to get back the previous interface? Which version should I download?
I have two switches > 2960L-24PQ-LL and a 2960L-48TQ-LL

ElrickLandon_0-1709474713528.png

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First of all you need to download the IOS with WEB BASED DEV MGR, c2960l-universalk9-tar.152-7.E9.tar, as mentioned by @marce1000 before.

You will have to use the command line for this upgrade since you don't have the web interface anymore.

Place the file mentioned before, c2960l-universalk9-tar.152-7.E9.tar, on the TFTP server and issue the following command from privileged enable mode:

archive download-sw tftp://IP_address/filename.tar flash:

After the file is copied from the TFTP server and extracted into your switch flash, reboot the switch.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You need to download a software distribution (tar) file denoted as :       ....WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Elrick Landon ,

how did you perform the switch upgrade? Did you use the command archive tar /xtract tftp://IP_address/filename.tar flash: to perform the upgrade?

If you only downloaded and copied the .bin file, your switch will boot, but it will not have the web interface. Even more interesting, upgrading the IOS only and leaving the old html files on the flash could give you some unpredictable results.

Can you share the output of the dir command?

Regards, LG

I make the upgrade from web interface, how can i flash it again to retrieve Web Interface as before please?

First of all you need to download the IOS with WEB BASED DEV MGR, c2960l-universalk9-tar.152-7.E9.tar, as mentioned by @marce1000 before.

You will have to use the command line for this upgrade since you don't have the web interface anymore.

Place the file mentioned before, c2960l-universalk9-tar.152-7.E9.tar, on the TFTP server and issue the following command from privileged enable mode:

archive download-sw tftp://IP_address/filename.tar flash:

After the file is copied from the TFTP server and extracted into your switch flash, reboot the switch.

Regards, LG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card