cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Management on 9200 G0/0 Management Port?

benweber
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if you can enable web management on the G0/0 management interface on a 9200?  It's in the management vrf and routing is correct.  I can ping and SSH to it from the same server I'm trying to connect to the the web interface from but it's not working.

I've used the same commands I've always used to enable web access:

ip http server

ip http auth local

username (etc)

But it won't connect.  I'm wondering if that interface doesn't support it?  The Cisco documentation is unclear.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- (Unfortunately) : It's not mentioned here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-10/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1610_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_ethernet_management_port.html#concept_b3s_hxn_h1b

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Right.  But that's what I mean it's inconclusive.  It doesn't say that's a complete list of services supported on the management interface.  I've found other Cisco documentation that indicates web management is available on the management interface but it's not specific about which switch it's relevant to.

>...It doesn't say that's a complete list of services supported on the management
               - I read that in the opposite way , otherwise why not mention it , of course you can start on this 'forever' ; my experience is that it usually comes down to the complete list being formulated 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

benweber
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a case open with the TAC.  I'll post back what we find.  They've indicated that it works but so far nothing they've had me do has made a difference.  I pointed NMAP at it and the only thing that comes back is the tcp/22 port I use to SSH to it.

- What response do you get in a browser when trying ?

M

No response.  It just spins.  That's consistent with 443 not showing up on the port scan.  It's not listening on either 80 or 443

- To get an idea if there is any kind of 'web application activity' ; try it with google Chrome , press F12 first 

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card