cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What smartport role needs to be set on an ESW switch for a VMWare ESXi box (on cisco UCS210)

Ben M Johnson
Level 4
Level 4

I've got a UCS210 with about 8 VMs running on it (SBS2008, and a bunch of other 2003/2008 servers).

Currently its hooked up to a unmanaged 3com gigabit switch and I'm only using a single Gb ethernet interface.

I'm implementing a whole small business pro infrastructure internally here, and this will probably the the first a several hopefully easy questions.

What smartport role do I need to assign to the port that I'm hooking this box up to?

Also, is there any type of trunking/load balancing I could do with the dual NICs built into the UCS to the ESW?  Any general best practices info for integrating VMs into a cisco SB pro network would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben

1 Reply 1

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find an answer to this? I have 2960S and 3750 switches that I'm also wanting to know the answer to this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card