Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-6513-E switch SSH issue

tdoucette314
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having trouble SSHing between my 6513E switches. I can SSH to them from my laptop but when trying to SSH from another cisco switch's CLI to the 6513E switches it times out.

I turned off all ACLs on my vty to see if it was something with me ACL configuration but I'm still not able to SSH in from another cisco switch.

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can be cumbersome to resolve , especially if they have many vlans  ; check if you can ping in between ; but in general that is not best practice and better is to SSH to the network devices from a management station (PC or other) , for security that is also better (don't create holes)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need provide more information,

what is the switch config - what IP address you have on the switch ?

what is the PC IP you able to ssh, what client you using to connect SSH ?

what is the switch model you trying to use to connect to other switch ? - what is the IP address ? - what is the syntax you used to connect to other switch ?

From the switch you failed to connect, are you able to ping other device ? 

When the SSH failed , do you see any logs on 6K switch ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

frankjmurray3
Level 1
Level 1

What is the source IP of the outbound SSH?  You can set it with the:  ip ssh source-interface command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card