Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-48TS-LL reboot after command sh aaa servers

Hello All

I just uprgade my IOS to version 15.2(5b)E, and after placing command sh aaa servers, my switch is going to reboot?

For my is a bug..

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

sounds like a bug if you check the IOS release guide for that image where you downloaded it on the Cisco website it may show the bug in caveats section if its know , I presume you have tried it a couple of times to be sure that's the cause , what does the show version show as the last returned state like below after its rebooted ? usually if its a bug you see trace back or something irregular

System returned to ROM by power-on

In show version i see following lines:

System returned to ROM by power-on
System restarted at 09:12:10 UTC Fri Oct 7 2016
System image file is "flash:c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-5b.E.bin"
Last reload reason: power-on

I made two attemps. I'm 99% sure, that the reason is executing the show aaa servers command.

Regards

Yes that looks fine , is there a reason you went to that versions instead of the safe harbour which would be considered more stable and more thoroughly tested , I would get off that image if your certain its the cause and move to the current recommended IOS ---c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5.bin

is there a reason you went to that versions instead of the safe harbour which would be considered more stable and more thoroughly tested

This response IS NOT aimed at Mark.  

"Safe Harbour" is not a guarantee that the specific version is "stable".  Read the Release Notes very, very carefully and evaluate the codes with utmost care.  

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

do u see any crashinfo? if so, can you post the traceback and IOS name ?

Hi

I didnt't see any traceback or crashinfo. I was using ssh with terminal monitor enabled.

In this week, i will made next test, but by console(maybe in this case the switch will product some output).

My software version is 15.2(5b)E(the newest one)

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card