Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi, in all of the example I saw, the PAT was illustrated as when the host want to communicate with public IP address like: the issue is when a host want to communicate with the internet, then it generates random source ports. so it is possible tha...

I had a 6509-E reboot but did not load the startup config.  The config reg is set correctly.  The startup config was present in a show start.  I could not copy the start over to the run.  Could someone give me a reason why this would happen

Hi all, We have the a proposed design of 9x routers in a ring topology.  These routers would be in 9x different data centers spanning a geographical area the size of a large USA state. The design is the same as the design at this link, but instead ...

Sean Lair by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a CISCO SMB-SF 200-24.  It has received a DHCP IP address.  When I follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide to access the switch, the application does not fully load (I know its currently assigned IP address...).  As a result, my b...

mbeurmann by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Should the following setup work? I have a 6880 Pair in VSS, with 2 10Gb links going from each of the 6880 boxes to each of my NX5k Cores. I was hoping to be able to put all 4 links in 1 port channel, then VPC them on the NX side. Would STP still try...

Hello Experts, I have configured HSRP as shown in the attached topology. Can someone please take a look at the configs and let me know why ALSW-9 (ip address 100.1.1.3) cannot ping ALSW-10 (200.1.1.3) and vice-versa. Neither can it ping 200.1.1.2 on ...

Hi Guys, I've come across a strange issue with x2 of my Cisco 887 VA's. I upgraded the IOS this morning to c880data-universalk9-mz.153-3.M8.bin when I reloaded the devices, my routers believes the images to be invalid, error message below. I thought ...

Xividar by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Strange problem on our 3750 stacks - when changing the config on many interfaces, the cpu utilization increases, to the point that sometimes my ssh connection to the switch is dropped, pings fail, etc.  E.g. if we do this command:int range Fa1/0/1-48...

ippolito by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a network where all of the vlan ip address are on the core (6509) switch and VTP replicates the vlans to other switches connected to the core. What I would like to do is move some vlans onto a lab (4506) switch and break VTP into two do...

jclj by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! vlans and trunks

i created network like on picture that i attached in cisco packet tracer. i configured switchs but when i try pinging pc from vlan 2 fron one side to vlan 2 to second side pinging is not working why? where is mistake? i attached and configuration swi...