Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750X-48P hanging

Hi

I had a strange issue with one of my customer..Cisco  WS-C3750X-48P Access switch was not reachable and after reload it started working.I would like to know the root cause of the issue. There were no logs and no errors in interfaces.Even Cpu utilization was not high. We have enabled arp inspection and dhcp snooping in the switch..Hope this will not make any issue..Also we have dot1x enabled on port..Please let me know if  any one faced this issue before ..

Regards

-Danish

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS and monitor.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Its the latest version(c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-1.SE)..Recenlty we did the upgrade and we have many switches with the same ios without issues.

Regards

-Danish

Did you check for memory utilization on the box? Is it possible to check the device via console when the device gets unreachable?

yes i can access via Console when the device was unreachable..memory utilization was very low...

Hi,

Did you check the syslogs for any unusual messages before the reload?

Also, was it only not reachable with telnet/ssh or was the regular traffic passing througn the 3750  affected as well? In first case, it should be checked whether the vty lines are stuck in idle or blocked by something.

Another thing that should be done during the issue is to check the dot1x on the ports with "show dot1x interface   details" (access the switch via console).

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card