Views
Helpful
Replies

X2-10GB-SR Transceiver Problem on Interface Ten1/1

Support Albakom
Level 3
Level 3

Hallo

I have a catalyst 4506 switch with one sup-engine WS-X45-SUP6 L-E, which consist of two X2-10GB-SR Transceiver( CISCO).IOS on the sup-engine is cat4500e-ipbase-mz.150-2.SG1.bin. IOS detected only one X2-10GB-SR Transceiver in Ten1/2. When I insert the X2-10GB-SR Transceiver in Ten1/1

C4K_GLMMAN-3-X2PLUGGABLESEEPROMREADFAILED: Failed to read seeprom on port Te1/1. Reinsert X2 m

But the problem is i need two X2-10GB-SR Transceiver for Uplink.

Please advice to solve this problem. Thanks

odule or configure GigabitEthernet port group if TwinGigConverter is installed.

I reinserted the Transceiver many times and tested other X2-10GB-SR Transceiver, every the same message. But when i inserted a TwinGig module or CVR-X2SFP10G in Ten1/1, IOS detected the module correctly.

I testet all Transceiver and Moduls on a sup-engine WS-X45-SUP6E and the work`s correctly!!!!!!

5 Replies 5

Have you tried this procedure?

Error Message    C4K_GLMMAN-3-X2PLUGGABLESEEPROMREADFAILED: Failed to read seeprom on 
port [char]. Reinsert X2 module or configure GigabitEthernet port group if 
TwinGigConverter is installed.

Explanation A pluggable has been detected in the TenGig port referred to in the message, but the read of its serial eeprom failed. It could be that the X2 is not seated correctly. A SEEPROM read can also fail if the interface is in 10G mode and a TwinGig Converter is inserted.

Recommended Action If a TwinGig Converter is inserted, remove the TwinGig Converter or reconfigure the port using the hw-module module port-group

select gigabitethernet command. If an X2 is inserted, try removing and re-inserting the X2. If this message still appears, try the X2 in another port. If the X2 fails in another port, call TAC for further troubleshooting. If the X2 succeeds in other ports, the original port may be bad.

find this and other explanations of error messages to     http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/50sg/system/messages/emsg.html

by

Cristian

Hi,

yes i have. This Problem is on SIX tested sup-engine WS-X45-SUP6 L-E!!!

My opinion is, WS-X45-SUP6 L-E can't work with TWO X2-10GB-SR Transceiver!!!???????????

( BUG, Hardware, IOS ?????????)

I testet all Transceiver and Moduls on a sup-engine WS-X45-SUP6 E and the work`s correctly!!!!!! I

Hi,

the Problem is solved. The Resolution is WS-X45-SUP6L-E HW3!!!!!! and X2-10GB-SR Transceiver HW3!!!!!!

Were you able to resolve this,

i have a similar problem on WS-C4507R-E runing on Sup 6L-E, i get the same error message as you were getting on TGig3/1, trying to inser X2-10GB-SR

%C4K_GLMMAN-3-X2PLUGGABLESEEPROMREADFAILED: Failed to read seeprom on port Te3/1. Reinsert X2 module or configure GigabitEthernet port group if TwinGigConverter is installed.

any suggestions will be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

the Problem was, Hardwarerevision on WS-X45-SUP6L-E is HW3 and we must insert original CISCO X2-10GB-SR Transceiver with Hardwarerevision HW3. Then its works!!!!

Bye, good luck

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card