cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

404 Not Found When Trying to Make Outside Call on EX90/Movi/Etc

Chris.Conlan
Level 1
Level 1

All internal calls work just fine, but when we try to call an outside IP/hostname I keep getting 404 Not Found.  All outbound ports are open on our firewall and the VCS is setup in a DMZ.  Here are the call details:

Call information
StateConnection Failed
Start time2012-02-15 12:09:24
Duration0 seconds
Tag
Serial number

Bandwidth
Requested0 kbps
Allocated0 kbps

Leg 1
Bandwidth nodeDefault Zone
Source alias 1sip:<C40 hostname> (Url)
Target alias 1sip:208.66.132.62 (Url)
ProtocolSIP
Address<C40 IP>:5061
TransportTLS
ReasonNot found
Cause404

Anyone have any ideas?

9 Replies 9

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi friend,

What do you have in your network? VCS Control only? VCS Control and Expresway? VCS Expressway only?

Where is the endpoint registered? Did you set call mode to "indirect" in VCS Control and did you create a serach rule to route IP Address calls to VCS Expressway?

Give us more informations.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Basically we have the following:

EX90 = at a remote site

C40 = at our corporate office

Movi clients = at other remote sites

VCS = at our corporate office

The VCS has the Expressway option.  I'm really new to this so the top of the web interface says "Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server Start Pack Express".  Options:

0 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 50 Registrations, 900 TURN Relays, Expressway, Encryption, FindMe, Starter Pack.

The endpoint is registered on the VCS with SIP.  Not using H323.  Basically the way you have to contact the EX90 from let's say the Movi client is via @

The Dial Plan configuration shows Indirect, should it be Direct?

I'm not sure if I have VCS Control and if I do not sure where that setting is and where would that rule be set?  On our Cisco ASA?  The thing is, our network engineer did a packet capture and when we did a call nothing even hit it.  So it's like it's stopping dead at the VCS.

We were able to call out on the EX90 before the VCS was ever put in place, so it must be something in the VCS config.

I did notice I was using the wrong domain.  So I changed it to one that will resolve via outside DNS and it did work.  Just tried another call and failed again.

Looks to me like you've got the VCS Expressway Starter Pack - in which case I strongly recommend you take a look at the deployment guide:

If you've got software version X7.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Starter_Pack_Deployment_Guide_X7-0.pdf

If software version is x6.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Starter_Pack_Deployment_Guide_X6-1.pdf

jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Friend,

You have VCS Expressway, not Control.

VCS can be configured to accept or not calls to IP address, like you dialled "208.66.132.62". To permit your VCS accept and forward calls do IP address you must to to VCS Configuration > Dial Plan > Configuration and set the "call mode" to "direct", by doing that, VCS will route calls to unknow IP addresses correctly.

After you do that, look at one thing: is your VCS behind a NAT/Firewall, right? If yes, you must to purchase the  license "Dual Network interface" or your firewall musts to have the ALG resource.

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Friend,

If you are using Movi inside your network, note that when you dial a IP Address, Movi will suffix the domain configured to send the call request, if you dial "208.66.132.62", for example, Movi will send "208.66.132.62@domain.com", so the call will not work.

To solve this is very simple:

- if you have Movi, just dial "movi@208.66.132.62"

- if you have Jabber Video (it replaced Movi), just dial "jabbervideo@208.66.132.62"

See more details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/telepresence/endpoint/articles/cisco_telepresence_movi_call_ip_address_kb_472.shtml

Regards,

Paulo Souza

He has the "Expressway Starter Pack" - it's not quite the same...

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Starter pack is built of VCS Expressway, right? So, it's the same thing, the same hardware, the same software, the same OS. Starter pack only include basic provisioning features, the rest is equal at all.

frank.calderon
Level 1
Level 1

Also, check the time of your VCS-E. Have it synch with a NTP server or just ssh to the command line and change the time via the date --setting command.  If the time is drifting you will get erratic performance.  FYI.