Views
Helpful
Replies

8710 TP Server and TX9000

johnson_cheng
Level 1
Level 1

QQ图片20130819164933.jpg

If TX9000 is setted to 720P, how many TX9000 could be supported by one 8710 blade?  TX9000 should be counted as Stereo or Multichannel Audio?

Stereo 24 720P ports and Multichannel only 8 ports.

BTW, I want to deploy TX9000 + CUCM + 8710 without VCS. Does it work?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi folks,

In HD mode (720p), a single Cisco TelePresence Server hardware unit supports 10 content ports and 16 video ports. This means the server should be able to host 5 TX9000 systems at the same time as each screen will use a video port.

That is an old information, in fact, TP Server supports up to 24 ports in HD mode (720p) or 12 ports in FullHD mode (1080p). The license consumption behavior has changed as per the version 2.3, now you have either 24 HD or 12 FullHD.

That said though... The below table from release 3.1 shows you should be able to make 6 (Three Screen) calls at 720p with content at 720p30.

That is right. If you have a TX9000 (720p) sharing presentation at 720p30, each TX will take 2 screen licenses, so you can connect 6 TX9000 endpoints. But if you lower the presentation quality from 720p30 to 720p5, each TX will take 1,5 licenses, then you can connect 8 TX9000 endpoints. I recommend it, because most users just use presentation sharing to share power point and another static images.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

Hi zhang,

yes it is a supported deployment. You can have a direct sip trunk from CUCM to TPS server and simillarly from TPS you need to point to CUCM under sip configuration and select option as "trunk".

if you are looking for scheduling then you need tms server for that.

Rgds

Alok

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Cheng

In HD mode (720p), a single Cisco TelePresence Server hardware unit supports 10 content ports and 16 video ports. This means the server should be able to host 5 TX9000 systems at the same time as each screen will use a video port.

You can register the Cisco TelePresence Server directly to CUCM or trunk the Cisco TelePresence Server to CUCM

That said though... The below table from release 3.1 shows you should be able to make 6 (Three Screen) calls at 720p with content at 720p30.

Hi folks,

That is an old information, in fact, TP Server supports up to 24 ports in HD mode (720p) or 12 ports in FullHD mode (1080p). The license consumption behavior has changed as per the version 2.3, now you have either 24 HD or 12 FullHD.

That is right. If you have a TX9000 (720p) sharing presentation at 720p30, each TX will take 2 screen licenses, so you can connect 6 TX9000 endpoints. But if you lower the presentation quality from 720p30 to 720p5, each TX will take 1,5 licenses, then you can connect 8 TX9000 endpoints. I recommend it, because most users just use presentation sharing to share power point and another static images.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks Paulo. Another question is "I want to deploy TX9000 + CUCM + 8710 without VCS. Does it work?"

Hi zhang,

yes it is a supported deployment. You can have a direct sip trunk from CUCM to TPS server and simillarly from TPS you need to point to CUCM under sip configuration and select option as "trunk".

if you are looking for scheduling then you need tms server for that.

Rgds

Alok

Hi Alok,

Quick question - As you said above, that TMS can be used for scheduling CTS/TX 9000 end-points, can you advise what is the minimum TMS version required to support scheduling for CTS's like CTS 1300, 1100 etc...

Thanks.

Hi tp tech,

i think its is supported from TMS 13.1, check the release note.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_Release_Note_13-1.pdf

check page 6.

with TMS 13.2 TX endpoints are also supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_Release_Note_13-2.pdf

Support for Cisco Unified CM-registered CTS and TX systems

The following systems are now supported in Cisco TMS if registered to Cisco Unified CM:

 CTS1310

 TX9000

 TX9200

Rgds

Alok

Hi folks,

One detail: If you plan to use TMS to schedule multipoint conferences hosted by Telepresence Server, be aware that VCS is required for that. TP Server really can be integrated to CUCM directly via SIP Trunk, but in this case, there is no scheduling support, only static conferences.

This guide provide further information on how to deploy TP Server, either using VCS or CUCM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/deployment_guide/Cisco_TelePresence_Server_Deployment_Guide.pdf

Regards

Paulo Souza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: